Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Don't like deer meat? Read now!

I have three recipes here.  The reason there are three is because I use three different ones...it all depends on what you are working with. I cook with ground deer sometimes, and other times I make deer steaks or deer roast. If you don't like deer you need to try these recipes and then try to tell me you don't like it. I promise that is just bull crap. I am the worst about "Oh you don't like deer?" Bet your botom dollar I am inviting you over for dinner and you are trying it my way....when you then go "Oh em gee, that food was amazing last night" that is when I go "oh yes it was, I believe that was the 10 point jd shot last season."

I know I am horrible but it's true!

Ground Deer:
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pinch of garlic sal
1 pinch of chili powder.
Put all of that in the skillet.
Add ground meat (defrosted thoroughly)
Enjoy!


Deer Roast:
1 zesty Italian dressing packet
1 ranch dressing packet
1 brown gravy packet
1 1/2 cups  brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter
2 cups of water (at least enough to cover the meet)
Cut potatoes 5 times rule (in half, in half again, in half again, next half - half again, half again)
Add half a bag of baby carrots

Brown the roast on all sides...don't cook through just brown it on all sides.
Put in bottom of crock pot.
add all ingredients
then add the water.

Enjoy (4-12 hours in the crock pot.
4 hours on high, 12 on warm.

Flour and 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce mixed with a few scoops of liquid makes the most amazing gravy to go with it.


Deer Steaks:
Steaks
1 zesty Italian dressing packet
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup (per steak) soy sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (per every two steaks)
1/4 cup olive oil

Let these marinate for 12 hours if possible.
If you can only do it for a few hours please make sure it's in the coldest drawer of the refrigerator.

Throw on the grill.

I do not do well with getting everything at the greatest price...but you should totally head on over to Super Frugal Stephanie to find great deals and coupons!

Enjoy

XO
LO the HCB

No comments:

Post a Comment